Monday, July 27, 2009

Flight of my Concorde

So you may recall me ranting on a few months ago that I wanted to get a retro road bike... Well the last time I was up in Wanganui I went down to the Riverbank markets which are held every Saturday morning. Its such a beautiful display of community, people warmly greating each other, searching out the favorite stalls (mine would have to be the olives - grown up the river by a charming couple and hand stuffed with a delicious array of feta, chilli, anchovy!
There is a huge variety of produce available with stalls stocking fresh fish, meat, eggs, fruit & vege, organics, preserves, plants and cut flowers, gorgeous and very well priced merino baby clothes... Artworks and nic-nacs galore! Anyway I digress there is a great article on good magazines blog with more on Wanganui's delightful attractions.

Anywayyy.....Opposite the markets is the Environmental centre which hosts the Green Bikes Scheme which is where my 1970's Morrison Concorde came from, for the handsome price of just $25! The scheme takes bikes of all conditions and fixes them up to be rideable to either onsell, lend out or for single speed bikes; send to Africa as part of The Bikes for Africa programme. I'm off down there now to see what else I can find...x

The Flames were added as it is common knowledge that they will make it go faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment